We discuss how to cut through the marketing bullshit and get to the really valuable content for your audience.
Topics we covered:
Starting out with the Everyone Hates Marketers podcast from hosting an event and interviewing people
Louis started out by interviewing business boot-strapers and marketeers to find out their secrets
EHM was part of the first wave of marketing podcasters with a difference and he puts a lot of his success down to getting feedback and focusing on "No bullshit" approach - Learning from his guests has been really energising and valuable to Louis
The podcast schedule is the most gruelling aspect of running a popular podcast
Getting help with his podcast for editing and marketing helps Louis keep the podcast going every Tuesday
Helping people with marketing during lockdown
The future of EHM podcast is to educate people on the marketing fundamentals and giving people guides to stand out
The real truth about Seth Godin and his marketing advice (must listen)
How Neil Patel grew his digital product empire
Louis gives us an insight to what it's working for Hotjar
How Hotjar is going to grow in the future with new features
Louis' tips for marketers:
1. Marketing - it's all about your market, it's not about you!
2. Giving value up front is so important when it comes to building a funnel
3. Be aware of the shiney new marketing tools and trends and try to cut through to use evergreen tactics
4. Focus on the first principles for your marketing and why are you relevant from the people first approach
5. Make sure you get a good balance of feedback from real customers (real people) instead of just looking at data all the time
You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel or sign up to my newsletter for more marketing advice and tips straight to your inbox.
If you would like any help with your digital strategy or projects, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org